Teen Green Hiking Program
Current Season runs January-December 2017
The Norman Bird Sanctuary is excited to announce the next round of our Teen Green program for students in grades 6-12. This engaging program offers teens the opportunity to hike our trails for free, track their progress in a trail journal and turn the journal in for fun prizes.
- This program runs annually from January-December
- Complete 6 trail rubbings you automatically win: Water bottle, Compass, and Backpack
- Complete all 10 trail rubbings to receive a FREE Household Membership and be entered to win $250!
Interested? Register Here!
Teen Green Trail Docents
Applications coming soon in Spring 2017!
Train with NBS Staff and other teens to lead guided naturalist hikes
Earn up to $300 stipend (must participate in all required activities)
Become First Aid Certified
Earn a Free NBS T-shirt, water bottle, and other gear
All Trail Docents must commit to:
- Attending all training meetings in September
- Leading 2 guided hikes on Saturdays in the Fall
- Attending all Fall monthly meetings & hikes
- Completing a group service-learning project
Interested? Here’s how to participate:
- Be entering grades 9-12 for 2017-18 academic year
- Submit completed application
- Interview & Complete Training
Special thanks to The Frederick Henry Prince Memorial Fund at Newport Hospital for generous grant support to help kids and teens get active in nature.
Interested in our Teen Programs?
Register Here for the Teen Green Hiking Program